About Me

My photo
on the downward side of the age mountain.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Corn Pancake Recipe

I was wandering too far down memory lane and forgot to share a recipe! This is based on The Greens Cookbook by Deborah Madison.
2 ears of cooked corn (about 1 1/2 C kernals)
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/4t baking powder
1/4 C Eggbeaters
1/2 C skim milk
2 egg whites (from large eggs)
pinch of salt

Crumble corn kernals and mix with flour and baking powder.

Beat egg whites until they hold a stiff peak (a test is if a shell-on egg will sit on a mound of egg whites and only settle down 1/4". If the egg sits right on top, the whites are over whipped. If the egg quickly sinks- keep whipping).

Add Eggbeaters, mix well, add milk and pinch of salt, mix well. Lighten batter with a small scoop of egg whites. Then fold in the rest.

I use a 1/2C measuring cup for the pancakes.

Cook in a lightly oiled medium-heat pan and create your own memories!




1 comment:

Corn Fritters said...

Thanks for the recipe. It's been a long time since the last time I eat corn pancake. This was my favorite when I was 7.